Lent, Day Fourteen, Second Tuesday of Lent
PRACTICE PRUDENCE
As a child of God, you need to be prudent. You cannot sim- vat ply walk around in this world as if nothing and no one can harm you. You remain extremely vulnerable. The same passions that make you love God may be used by the powers of evil. The children of God need to support, protect, and hold one another close to God's heart. You belong to a minority in a large, hostile world. As you become more aware of your true identity as a child of God, you will also see more clearly the many forces that try to convince you that all things spiritual are false substitutes for the real things of life.
HENRI J. M. NOUWEN
The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to Freedom, pg 28
Scripture:
12 “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;
I possess knowledge and discretion.
13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.
14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
I have insight, I have power.
15 By me kings reign
and rulers issue decrees that are just;
16 by me princes govern,
and nobles—all who rule on earth.
PRAYER
LENTEN ACTION
No comments:
Post a Comment