Wednesday, April 1, 2026

Lent, Day Forty-Three, Wednesday of Passion Week

Lent, Day Forty-Three, Wednesday of Passion Week
To say with all that we have, think, feel and are, "God exists." is the most world-shattering statement that a human-being can make... Because when God exists, all that is flows from God... However, as soon as I say, "God exists," my experience no longer remains the center, because the essence of the knowledge of God reveals my own existence as deriving its total being from God's... I no longer let the knowledge of my existence be the center from which I derive, project, deduct, or intuit the existence of God; I suddenly or slowly find my own existence revealed to me in and through the knowledge of God. Then it becomes real for me that I can love myself and my neighbor only because God has loved me first.

Henri J.M. Nouwen
Gracias!: A Latin American Journal, pg_

Scripture:
By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.
By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:4-6

PRAYER
Most high God, you who accepted the gifts of Enoch and Abel, accept also my gift of faith offered always and especially during this Holy Week. I believe with my whole being that you exist and have done so from before the beginning of time. Send me a realization of the magnitude of this belief and make this act of faith a life-changing experience. Let my life be rooted in you. Amen.


LENTEN ACTION
Today recite, renew, and meditate on your baptismal vows or the Nicene Creed.

No comments:

Post a Comment