Monday, April 6, 2026

Lent, Day Forty-Eight, Easter Monday

Lent, Day Forty-Eight, Easter Monday
We often wonder what we can do for others... It is not a sign of powerlessness when we say: "We must pray for one another." To pray for one another is, first of all, to acknowledge, in the presence of God, that we belong to each other as children of the same God. Without this acknowledgement of human solidarity, what we do for one another does not flow from who we truely are...

To pray, that is, to listen to the voice of the One who calls us his "Beloved", is to learn that voice excludes no one. Where I dwell, God dwells with me and where God dwells with me I find all my sisters and brothers.

Henri J.M. Nouwen
Here and Now: Living in the Spirit, pg 98

Scripture:
 Now Abraham moved on from there into the region of the Negev and lived between Kadesh and Shur. For a while he stayed in Gerar, and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, “She is my sister.” Then Abimelek king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.
But God came to Abimelek in a dream one night and said to him, “You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman.”
Now Abimelek had not gone near her, so he said, “Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation? Did he not say to me, ‘She is my sister,’ and didn’t she also say, ‘He is my brother’? I have done this with a clear conscience and clean hands.”
Then God said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her. Now return the man’s wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her, you may be sure that you and all who belong to you will die.”
Genesis 20:1-7

PRAYER
God of ail, I am on this journey of life which is a cycle of life to life: I am born, I live, I die to be born to eternal life. As I pass through on this journey, let my own sinful self die and a new person rise to the challenges of praising you. I will keep the words of the liturgy ever in mind this Eastertide: "Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again." Amen.


EASTER ACTION
The word liturgy means "work of the people:' Make a list of why the celebration of the Sunday liturgy is the most significant event of the week. You might take this opportunity to write a special thank you to the ministers of your parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment